The updated standings can be found here.


We are now 5/23 of the way through the season.

That's 21.7%

That's over a fifth.

That's seemingly quite a bit.

Strictly from looking at the standings we have a two way tie at the top for supremacy. Riley and Mike both want the glory but it will come down to who wants it more this year. It looks like Caff's current squad has more staying power than Riley's, who is projected to get nipped out of that 4th playoff spot. Then again, a couple moves here and there and we have a whole new outlook on the season.

And yes, it's starting to be that time of year. Trade talks. Talkin' trades. Proposals, rejections, counter offers. It comes with the sport. I'm hoping some people start looking at their farm squads and bad future contracts and say "screw it, let's go for it all this year". Remember, flags fly forever, gentlemen.

Going top down on the standings, finding the first team that I haven't covered yet, and we arrive at Seductive Wendepunkt,. A scrappy hodgepodge of misfits who have the most cohesive team chemistry since JJ's Maple Sausages from 2011.

Offensively, they'll kill you with their power and speed, but their rate stats are abysmal.  My team is projected to hit .267 for the rest of the season. To put that in context, Wilkin Ramirez hit .272 last year.

On the pitching side of things it's a bit of the same story. Wins, Saves, Strikeouts; they can hold their own. But those rate stats can hinder my quest to assemble the most beautifully run baseball team since Joe's Torn Ligament from 2010. Man was that team a joy to watch. They could do it all. I'd stay up late on my computer just to watch Joe make transactions in real time. It was a real thing of beauty the way he would drop one pitcher that pitched that day and pick up another pitcher who was pitching the next day. I would always think "Dang, that Joe is sure smart! Why didn't I think of that?!".

Anyway. Back to my team. I am going to tear all of your hopes and dreams into pieces. I am a savage and ruthless manager who is destined to go top of the league after 23 weeks. My computer program says so. I will then extract all of your best players and make you pay for the majority of their salaries, because it's written in the stars. All of you will finish below .500 since I will simply be that far above you all in the standings. You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home